Sunday, November 8, 2009

Iced Pumpkin Cookies

So I got this recipe from allrecipes.com---I had to change it a bit...I added some brown sugar, a bit more pumpkin puree and flour to compensate for the added puree...and instead of cloves I added ginger. Try out the recipe and let me know what you think! My boys and I sure had a great time making them together and drizzling the icing on...and we even had a better time eating them!--Now we're off to go share some with our neighbors. I just love this season, don't you?!

Iced Pumpkin Cookies!




Ingredients:
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin puree
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Icing
2 cups confectioners' sugar
3 tablespoons milk/ or water
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Mix dry ingredients together first and then add the rest.
  • Drop by tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet
  • Bake for 12 minutes
  • Completely cool and drizzle on icing with a fork
  • Servings: 24 largeish cookies or 36 smallish cookies
  • ENJOY!

No comments: